Everybody is making them, so I just had to try my hand at
some rustic little fabric 'punkins'.
First, I chose some 'punkin' looking fabric.
(Paula~you may recognize a couple of these as
my Peter Rabbit Carrots from this spring!)
Then I cut out six football shaped pieces for each of the
three different sized punkins.
Next, I stitched the six pieces together,
leaving a small opening at the top for turning...
I also cut some leaves for the tops out of green flannel.
stitched closed. I wanted the stems to have a little bend, so I
cut some small gauge wire to size, curled the edges so there would be no
pokey's and inserted the wire into the stem center.
I stuck the little stem into the opening of the punkin,
ran a gathering stitch around the opening and
cinched it up to the stem, securing them together
with a couple more stitches.
Then I added the leaf.
Here is a finished punkin!