Thursday, March 19, 2009

A New Ironing Board Cover...

...from a length of brushed cotton duck, 100% natural cotton quilt lining,
and a roll of sturdy cotton string.
~

~
I used the (very!) old cover for the pattern.
~

~
Sewed the string into the self-binding to gather around the edges.
~

~
All ready for many new projects on the way!
~

~
(I chose not to use a colored fabric because this ecru color reminded me
of the cover on Grandma's mangle!
And I didn't want to take any chances with colors bleeding when using my hot steam iron on lovely white linens!)



4 comments:

Sharon said...

My husband recently installed an old in the wall type ironing board into my walk in closet. You can no longer by the size cover to fit, so I will need to make one. I didn't really know how to go about it so thanks for sharing.

shelia said...

thanks for the tute! I seem to be VERY hard on these covers..it will be nice to be able to make a new one myself! thanks :)

cheri said...

Great Inspiration. There probably aren't many of us who wear out ironing board covers!

Lavinia said...

You are *so* handy!